July 12, 2008

Clear Lake Triathlon

While Jeff was on his little jaunt from Seattle to Portland, I raced in my second (and final) triathlon of the season - the Clear Lake Tri in Skagit County. It was a really hot day and I didn't do very well; but hey I finished, I didn't die, and I didn't come in last. Here's my race report if you like to read such things.
Here's a picture of me from the Padden Triathlon a few weeks ago. I didn't actually get any pics at the Clear Lake Tri. But in this pic you can still see some of my cool triathlon race gear (that's one thing they don't tell you at triathlon school - that triathletes are "gear junkies" and you will need a lot of race gear if you want to be cool). First, I have a lovely new road bike which my race sponsor, Scott Real Estate (a.k.a. Dad) helped me buy. I also have a hydration backpack that my sweet hubby (a.k.a. Jeff) bought me for my b-day. And of course I am wearing the uber-cool and trendy combination swimsuit/bike pants that are a must when you are a cool triathlete like I am! I also received a triathlon wetsuit for my birthday from Dad & Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment